Monday, January 03, 2005

Soup

I went to the doctor today, and he confirmed that I have acute sinusitis. I have never been so congested in my life. I'm not even sure this is my life any more. Maybe it's somebody else's. I'm on so much medication, how would I know?

Now, in addition to Maximum Strength Contac, I am on a prescription expectorant. I drive on icy roads in this condition.

I decided to make some powerful soup tonight. I'm sure every corner of the house reeks of this soup, but I cannot smell it unless I put my face directly over the pot and wave the fumes up my nose. It is a basic soup with beans, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and whatever celery I could rescue from the crisper, but also with a whole bunch of onion, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper. I expect it will clear my head even more than my new prescription strength medicine. I will eat it with a box of tissues at my side.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home