Saturday, March 11, 2006

Trip Planning Continues

My new backpack turns out to be something that gearheads call a "load monster," in other words too big unless I intend to be out for a week. Sigh. Well, I won't be hiking very far with it.

My new strategy is to try to win some gear from Backpacker magazine, which is sponsoring a contest. It's a long shot, but I might as well try, as I have no difficulty in presenting myself as pathetic, after ruining a nerve ending in my pinky on my first solo CAR CAMPING expedition, in freaking NEBRASKA. I'm going to get a friend to take a picture of me with my load monster and the offending padlock, the one I crushed the nerve with.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward purchasing a Jetboil camp stove. It's rather expensive, but it's so fuel efficient that if I use it for a few years, it will pay for itself. And when you're boiling water for 20 minutes to kill tapeworm larvae, fuel efficiency is a nice feature.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home