Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ricotta Frittata

I did quite a good job of getting in plenty of both work and relaxation this week. One evening, for example, after work I purchased groceries for entertaining this weekend (also entertained last weekend: shark escabeche, tossed salad, Italian bread, cherry-ricotta mousse). At home I tidied a few things, did laundry, and fixed dinner from leftover odds and ends:

Ricotta Frittata Acuna Matata, serves 3

olive oil
2 small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small strips
small onion, chopped
1/4 green bell pepper and 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
4 or 5 eggs
leftover ricotta (approximately a scant cup)
1/4 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. dried French basil
sprinkling of crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Fry the potatoes in olive oil until lightly browned. Add onion. When the onion starts to soften, add peppers. When all veggies are reasonably softened, arrange them in an oiled shallow pie pan. Beat together remaining ingredients, and pour them over the vegetables. Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.

It was delicious.

I spent the rest of my evening reading a newspaper and Bridget Jones's Diary, while polishing off the leftover bottle of chardonnay that I had opened to make marinade for my tasty shark.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger helliemae said...

"Ricotta Frittata Acuna Matata" - I just keep saying it aloud, because it's so fun to do so!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home