Saturday, May 21, 2005

Half Baked

I take my baking seriously. This week on my day off I was in the middle of whipping up some Moldavian feta cheese cornbread when I discovered I had neglected to buy cornmeal. I cursed up a blue streak, slammed around the kitchen in a panic, pulled on sandals and a jacket, and dashed out into the rain to try to buy cornmeal at the Dollar General before my broccoli casserole had to come out of the oven.

Doubtless a little worried by my behavior, my neighbor emerged from his apartment just as I stepped out onto my front step. I grinned sheepishly, "Out of cornmeal," and took off at a dead run.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger helliemae said...

The neighbor is going to think you're crazier than the birds do. At least he doesn't think you're a monkey with a stick.

2:06 PM  
Blogger filch said...

Hey I found you again! More soon.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home